Saturday, July 01, 2006

Phone Calls I Never Should Have Made

"Hello, Ramada Inn how can I help you"
"I have a question that will probably seem a little absurd."
Pause .. "Yes?"
"Well... do you have a reservation for 15 kung fu masters coming from China on Sunday and staying for a week or two?"
Silence
"I guess the reservation wouldn't include the whole kung fu aspect of things, but do you have a reservation for 15 Chinamen on the 23rd?"
"Excuse me?"
"I'm trying to track down my master ... er.. a friend who's coming from China. All I know is that he may or may not be coming on Sunday, is probably traveling in a group of 15, and probably made the reservation within the past couple of days. It could have been made by the Chinese consulate, if that helps."
"I don't really know what to do with that information."
"Well.."
"In my computer, I mean, do you have a reservation number?"
"No, I only heard this third hand from his lackey... friend of a friend, you know..."
"A name, perhaps?"
"Zhang. Last name Zhang, first name Shengli"
The sound of typing
"His name isn't coming up, are you sure that it was this Ramada inn?"
"Well, I heard something like Lamada Jiudian. That's kinda like Ramada, isn't it? Lomada? Lemada? Something."
"Could you call back tomorrow after 9:00 and talk to the day manager. Maybe he could help you."
"Sorry to be of confusion"
"No problem"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home